A landing page is an entry point to a website that is typically not the home page. Landing page is usually tied to a special promotion or unique service offering. Landing Pages should appear when a consumer clicks on an ad with the primary purpose of creating a relevant, targeted and conversion orientated destination for the audience.
Landing Pages together with Web Banners are used to generate interest about the product or service and, most importantly, to get the users to take action.
Landing Pages are web pages where you must convert eyeballs to sales. Email promotions and banner ads can get traffic to your website. The landing page will make the sale.
Landing Pages Benefits:
Using a landing page has a number of benefits. Firstly, landing page shortens the overall conversion process, which is a critical part of reaching today's time-poor consumers and businesses.
Furthermore, your landing page creates a 'first impression' of your brand. Many customers will judge decide within the first 8 seconds of clicking through from your ad if they are going to buy or stick around!
Finally, a landing page can make your website more relevant to a specific search query, thus boosting your quality score, ad rank and overall position on the search network (while lowering your cost per click).
Landing pages Features:
- Identify the Target Market. Customers are very different in their behaviour and need to be treated differently. B2B buyers tend to focus a lot on research and will, in most likelihood, come back to the website to shop. The Landing Pages you create for B2B shoppers must be filled with in-depth product information and testimonials about the quality of the product and the company background. Reliability, quality and delivery of promised goods are imperative. Also, price levels are an adequate approach instead of a fixed price for B2B buyers.
For B2C customers Landing Pages must focus on making a quick sale. It is necessary to create an urgency to buy now by offering freebies and discounts to early shoppers. A single price, inclusive of shipping and taxes works best. Product photos are also absolutely essential to close the sale.
- Targeted Landing Pages. For every running promotion you run, you need to have created different landing page. If you are sending the same promotion to different target markets, you will need separate landing pages for the different targets. The more customized your landing pages to meet the requirements of and fulfil the expectations of visitors from various campaigns, the better your conversion rate will be.
- Maintain Consistent Appearance. This is a good way to get customers to immediately recognize that they are on the right website and start browsing and buying. The graphics used in the marketing promotion must be similar to those on the landing pages.
- Build Credibility & Trust. This can be accomplished in a few ways, including the use of a privacy statement, an SSL certificate, contact information, logos of trusted partner or product service guarantees and customer testimonials.
- Keep Your Promises. Nothing is more annoying than being misled by promotional ads that fail to deliver. Delivering on what you promised is part of trust building within customers.
Failure to deliver is resulting in mistrust.
- Gather Personal Information. Getting a user to click from promotional emails and banner ads to reach the landing pages is the first hurdle. Once the user is on landing page, he needs to be encouraged to finalise the purchase. While some users may convert to customers immediately, most will not. At this point having personal information (name and email) about those interested, but hesitant users is essential for further approach. Our specialists will develop with you a strategy to gather this important information for your businesses that will further convert these hesitant users in customers and get most from your campaign.
- Call to Action. WOD specialists always make sure that the landing pages are effective by inviting the user to engage. The more involved a user gets with your website, the greater the chances that he or she will purchase from it.
- Test & Improve. As with any best practice in marketing, the landing page needs to be continually tested and improved throughout campaign. Our specialists will experiment by trying different headings, layouts, text fields, content length and even styles until they find the execution that proves most effective in converting your visitors.
Great online banner ads and landing pages are the core elements to any successful online advertising campaign. They provide the user with intriguing knowledge about a product or service that ultimately creates a desire to learn more. WOD has been creating highly effective banners and landing pages:
- HTML landing pages
- Mobile landing pages
- WAP landing pages
Landing Pages Purpose:
A landing page (in fact, every page) can only cause one of these actions:
- Selling products and services
- Brand awareness:
- Gain Popularity
- Subscribe to newsletters
- Free offers
- Drive traffic
- User permission for you to follow up
An ineffective landing page can ruin even the most successful ad banner and email campaigns. It is like getting the horse to the well, and then realizing that the well is empty. To ensure that your campaigns are a success it becomes imperative to convert every lead to a sale via impressive, hard selling landing pages.
WOD team are the specialists in landing pages and generation of genuine sales leads area. Our landing page creation service is part of our comprehensive search engine marketing (SEM) offering which is focused on delivering online success for Australian businesses. We offer complete services from creation, testing and optimisation of your landing pages as well as your banners or text advertising through any kind of web advertising, Google AdWords inclusive. Contact us today and let us put your business first!
Also see Web Banners
Interested in finding more details?
Website on Demand is a leading supplier of complete web solutions. Our experts can provide you with professional advice and assistance for your online presence.