Why WordPress based websites?
There is known that 5,071,533 websites are using WordPress content management system. 756,975 websites within the most visited sites on the internet and an additional 4,314,558 websites on the rest of the web.
WordPress content management system is leading the internet usage:
The chart shows the typical type of websites that use WordPress content management system by distribution.
Last update: on 25 Mar 2012
WordPress - code is poetry
WordPress is a state-of-the-art publishing platform with a focus on aesthetics, web standards, and usability.
WordPress started as just a blogging systems, but has evolved to be used as full content management system and so much more through the thousands of plugins, widgets, and themes, WordPress is limited only by your imagination.
WordPress is an application powered by PHP and MySQL which can also be used for basic content management. It has many features including a user-friendly workflow, a rich plugin architecture, and an advanced templating system.
WordPress also features integrated link management; a search engine-friendly, clean permalink structure; the ability to assign nested, multiple categories to articles; and support for tagging of posts and articles. Automatic filters that provide for proper formatting and styling of text in articles (for example, converting regular quotes to smart quotes) are also included. WordPress also supports the Trackback and Pingback standards for displaying links to other sites that have themselves linked to a post or article. Finally, WordPress has a rich plugin architecture which allows users and developers to extend its functionality beyond the features that come as part of the base install.
A native iPhone and iPod Touch application exists which provides access to some of the features in the WordPress Admin panel and works with WordPress.com and many WordPress.org blogs.
Some of Key Features for WordPress are:
- Full standards compliance
- No rebuilding - Changes you make to your templates or entries are reflected immediately on your site, with no need for regenerating static pages.
- WordPress Pages - Pages allow you to manage non-blog content easily, so for example you could have a static "About" page that you manage through WordPress.
- WordPress Links - Links allows you to create, maintain, and update any number of blogrolls through your administration interface.
- Cross-blog communication tools - WordPress fully supports both the Trackback and Pingback standards, and we are committed to supporting future standards as they develop.
- Comments - Visitors to your site can leave comments on individual entries, and through Trackback or Pingback can comment on their own site.
- Spam protection
- Full user registration
- Password Protected Posts - You can give passwords to individual posts to hide them from the public.
- Workflow - You can have types of users that can only post drafts, not publish to the front page.
- Multiple authors - WordPress' highly advanced user system allows up to 10 levels of users, with different levels having different (and configurable) privileges with regard to publishing, editing, options, and other users.
- Ping away - WordPress supports pinging Ping-O-Matic, which means maximum exposure for your blog to search engines.
Are you looking for a web developer for your WordPress website? Contact us now.
Notable WordPress Users
You are in good company if you use WordPress to publish on the web. Here is a sampler of well-known sites that are powered by WordPress. Want a WordPress Website like this yourself? Contact WOD now!
The biggest websites in the world rely on WordPress content management system. WOD offers WordPress technical support, professional training, and certified business hosting.
Interested in finding more details?
Website on Demand is a leading supplier of complete web solutions. Our experts can provide you with professional advice and assistance for your online presence.